About netPanzer the Game
netPanzer is an isometric view real-time tactical game designed for play across the Internet and over LAN systems. One on one games are possible via direct connect or modem. netPanzer is designed for FAST ACTION combat -- it is not another resource management clone. In fact, there aren't any resources at all. Each player will have many units of different types at their disposal.
Players can fight until their units are destroyed -- then respawn and keep on going. The game is real-time, but it's based on quick tactical action and unit management. Battles progress quickly and constantly; in fact, they never let up. There is no stop in the action because there is no waiting for resources to be collected and converted into weaponry. Players can join or leave multiplayer games at any time.
Official netPanzer development
...got basically halted in 1999, since 2002 netPanzer is available under the » GNU GPL and thus Free Software and a GNU/Linux port of netPanzer is ready. From 2007 on there was another developer still working on netPanzer, called himself "krom". He fixed many Bugs and made more stable Releases come true. He was the main responsible Developer and thanks t hos efforts the Versions 0.8.4* up to 0.8.5-test-1 were released.
You can meet him at the official Forum at » http://www.netpanzer.org/forum/index.php.
In 2015 -after a couple of years without any Developer signing responsible for Netpanzer- our all well known Player "[+P]fu" took over Development and put Code to Sourceforge Network. Being not a "professional" Developer, he teached himself in how to code C++ and learned a lot about the game by reviewing Code basis. After a while he was even good enough in Coding to fix well known annoying Bugs in Netpanzer. So thanks to him, the Version 0.8.7 was released on 2016-04-09.
- netPanzer is a game designed to fit into the real-time tactical game genre. It's art is based on realistic environments and vehicles. Battle will heat up as players challenge for territory, and without the need for resource management battles will emerge swiftly.
- Features a scalable client/server network architecture.
- Support from 1 to 100 players over the Internet or on LAN systems depending on the network connection type and game configuration (single/multi dedicated server vs. server-player, max number of units per player, fog of war, and so forth).
- Players will be able to join or leave multiplayer games at any time.
- Real-time action without the need to gather resources.
- Manually aim your units fire while they are moving to another location.
- Maps range in size from 10x13 to 64x85 640x480 size screens.
- Three modes of multiplayer combat; objective capture, frag limit, and time limit.
- Change screen resolutions on the fly to 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, or 1280x1024 to take full advantage of your computers power.
- A customizable interface layout.
- MiniMap for quick viewing of the world.
- Particle system explosions, muzzle shots, missile trails, etc.
- Dynamic, real-time lighting.
- Translucent particles and shadows.
Original Game (Pyrosoft)
- Vlad Rahkoy - primary game engine, general design and coding.
- Skip Rhudy - maps, unit artwork direction, unit design, landscapes, all sound effects, network programming and sound engine.
- Matt Bogue - special effects programming, game engine support code.
- Clint Bogue - unit design and rendering.
Linux Port + Polishing
- Matthias Braun - linux port, masterserver system, new build system, usability improvements, server console, countless bugfixes and code cleanups, gentoo, autopackage and windows packaging.
- Ivo Danihelka - linux port, bot player, bugfixes and cleanups.
- Hollis Blanchard - Power PC porting.
- Hankin Chick - Old IRC Serverlist code.
- Tyler Nielsen - linux port.
- Pronobozo - Created the music.
- Bastosz Fenski - man page, debian packaging
- BenUrban (irc nick) - Mac OS/X packaging
- Tobias Blerch - PHP Serverbrowser, Statistics page.
- Ingo Ruhnke - Flexlay support for netpanzer maps.
- Lohengrin - netPanzer Community Idea, Statistics page.
- Wile64 - MapEditor for Windows + Linux, Server Editor for Windows + Linux.
- krom xp - last Developer of netPanzer